Insulating Fire Bricks (IFBs) are special types of bricks that are designed to provide insulation in high-temperature environments. They are typically used in industries where high temperatures are present, such as the metallurgical, glass, and ceramic industries.
Insulation firebrick are made from fireclays containing alumina and silica. They are designed to have low thermal conductivity, which means that they are able to resist the transfer of heat, making them ideal for use in industrial applications where high temperatures need to be contained.
Some common uses of IFBs include lining the walls and floors of furnaces, ceramic kilns, and other high-temperature processing equipment. They can also be used to insulate industrial chimneys and in the construction of fireplaces and wood-fired ovens.
Overall, refractory fire bricks play an important role in industries that require high-temperature processes, helping to reduce energy consumption, improve thermal efficiency, and maintain a safe and stable operating environment.
Questions to ask before purchasing imported Insulating Fire Brick or IFB
- How important are the dimensional tolerances?
- Does the imported brick data reflect actual Refractory ASTM Standards?
- How important are true brick properties, such as brick Thermal Conductivities, to your project?
- On any project or repair, is it worth a possible failure to save 2-3%?
- Should the brick fail, and after installing for a second time, how much am I really saving?
- Should the brick not be within your standards or fail, who am I going to call to have the material returned or replaced?
Differences between some imported Insulating Fire Brick and BNZ Insulating Fire Brick
- All BNZ Insulating Fire Brick is manufactured within ASTM Refractory Standards
- All Fire Brick data, from properties to chemical analysis, is accurate
- All BNZ Insulating Fire Brick is measured for dimensional tolerances
- Manufactured within OSHA requirements – Employee Rights and Safety
- All BNZ Insulating Fire Brick is manufactured within the EPA standards
- BNZ not only stands behind our insulating fire brick, but all our manufactured products.
Insulating Fire Brick offered by BNZ Materials
BNZ Materials is a world leading manufacturer of specialty industrial insulation materials with over 16 types of Insulating FireBricks available for use in high temperature applications from 2000°F to 3200°F to meet the specific needs of a variety of industries.
Armil CFS also offers High Duty, Super Duty, and High Fired fireclay brick for applications requiring a strong, abrasion resistant product.
All our firebrick is manufactured in the USA.
- Specifications for BNZ Insulating Firebrick (PDF)
- Specifications for Coarse Insulating Firebrick (PDF)
- Specifications for BNZ 26-60 Insulating Firebrick (PDF)
- Specification for Hard Firebrick (PDF)
Contact Armil CFS
Please feel free to call and discuss your application! Armil CFS specializes in ceramic fiber, ceramic fiber blankets, backyard pizza ovens, refractory cement, and other refractory materials.